Yum! This Coconut Cake is to die for! Made with some of the best ingredients to keep you on your Keto Diet and Gluten-Free for those sensitive bellies. This cake will be the most requested on your re-make list to keep all of those coconut lovers happy. Coconut Cake is one heck of a delicious bite without all the quilt.
This Coconut Cake Recipe is made with enough of the good stuff that it will not raise your sugar levels to derail you from your carb counting while you are in Ketosis. This scrumptious cake is only 2 net carbs per serving. You can’t get any better than that in my book of recipes! Plus, this tasty Coconut Cake is simple and fun to make. The toasted coconut on top adds a special little nutty flavor to top it off.
My family (a total of 16 including grandchildren and adults) can show up at any time day or night. I’m lucky enough to have them all in the same town we live in and get to see them most days. They now request this Keto Gluten-Free Cake and my Meatball Bombs almost every time they show up for a visit. Thank goodness both of these recipes are easy to make. From the time they walk in the door, they know they’ll be sitting at the table in 1.5 hours devouring the goods.
Free Coconut Cake
Prep Time: 15
minutes Cook Time: 35
minutes Total Time: 50
minutes Yield: 12
slices Serving Size: 1 slice
- ½ cup – Unsweetened Coconut – shredded
- ½ cup – Unsweetened Coconut – shredded and toasted, for topping
- ¾ cup – Almond Flour – for this recipe I used Almond Meal
- 1 tsp – Baking Soda
- 2 tsp – Baking Powder
- 3 tbsp. – Stevia in the Raw or ¼ cup Coconut Sugar*
- 1 tsp – Psyllium Husk – this is a binder
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp. – Butter or Coconut Oil – melted
- 3 – Eggs – beaten
- 1 – Lemon – juiced and zested**
- ½ cup – Cream Cheese – room temperature
- ¼ cup – Low Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. – Zested Lemon
- 2 tsp – Stevia in the raw or 1 tsp liquid sweetener
- Yellow food die – optional
- 1 – 8-inch round baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In giant bowl mix flour, sliced coconut (not toasted), leaven, bicarbonate, stevia, Plantago psyllium husk, till mixed.
- Add eggs and lemon compounding well with a wood spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool completely before you add icing and toasted coconut.
- With hand mixer blend – cream cheese, yogurt, lemon, and sweetener until well combined and smooth. Add food coloring and blend. Frost cake and sprinkle with Toasted Coconut.
- Toasted Coconut
- Heat in a small skillet to med/low shredded coconut until golden brown. Remove, let cool and sprinkle on top if icing on the cake and serve with your favorite warm cup of tea.
*if using coconut sugar make sure to recalculate your carb count. ** if you freeze your lemon and grate the total lemon whereas frozen you’ll be able to use this within the instruction. I freeze 3 lemons and then grate them up and keep them in the freezer for use in recipes.
Free Coconut Cake is one delicious way to spend time with your family enjoying time together.
From my kitchen to yours