It is possible to change the appearance of your face if you feel that it is carrying more weight than you like. You can be losing weight change your face by maintaining your overall body weight by exercising, following a good diet, and trying to tone your facial muscles with some exercises.
You can also use cosmetics to quickly reduce large areas of your face. It can be difficult to target your face only if you are obese or if your genes are the reason for your large face. It is still possible, however, to work on slimming your face by devoting your various efforts to reach that goal, which we discuss in detail below. The following article applies to both women and men.
Losing weight can be a challenge in itself, not to mention losing weight from a specific area of your body. In particular, excess facial fat can be a frustrating problem that is difficult to solve if it bothers you. But the important question is does losing weight change your face?
Don’t worry, we are here for you, we will help you step by step. In this article, we will learn 8 ways:
does losing weight change your face
1. Assess your need to losing weight change your face
1.1. Look in the mirror
- Your idea of proportion may be distorted if you have a normal body size but don’t feel thin on your face.
- Look at close family members to see if they have the same facial proportion. Maybe you have a genetic predisposition to gaining facial weight or maybe it has to do with your age and it will end as you get older.
- Ask people you trust to be honest with you. Do they think your face is full or proportional?
- Is puffiness the opposite of obesity? Bloating may be caused by poor nutrition or salty foods, lack of sleep, consumption of alcohol and drugs, certain medical conditions, lack of exercise, etc.
- Talk to your doctor. Your doctor will assure you of the appropriate proportional ratio and may ignore facial swelling.
1.2. Check your posture
A relaxed posture can cause the face to have a chubby appearance due to the appearance of a double chin. Your body fat will move to the most comfortable and relaxed place, and since your posture pushes your neck and chin down, your face will appear fatter. does losing weight change your face
- Stand and sit straight to properly align your spine. Seek the help of a doctor or physical therapist if you do not know how to stand and sit properly and improve your posture.
- Breathe deeply. It’s hard to bend down while breathing deeply because you’ll need to straighten up to fill your lungs with air.
- Remind yourself that you should roll your shoulders back, tilt your head and chin up, and look others in the eyes.
- There are exercises to improve posture, so ask for more details from a physical therapist or search online. Yoga, Pilates, and similar exercises will help, too.
2. general nutrition
Good nutrition for your whole body affects your face.
2.1. Eat healthy food
Reduce the number of calories you consume to an amount appropriate for your height, age, and gender. You can find a calorie chart at the government agencies responsible for nutritional information in your country or ask your doctor for advice that works for you.
2.2. Lose weight if you are obese
You will lose face fat when you lose body fat. Be aware that it is impossible to target a specific area of the body to lose weight, and that your entire body, including your face, will be affected when trying to lose weight. You will reduce all the unwanted fat from your face by following a balanced diet and exercising regularly.
- It is important to discuss your diet with your doctor to ensure that you are following a balanced diet and avoid fads that could harm your body.
- Cardiovascular and strengthening exercises are good for weight loss and body contouring.
- Eat plenty of fiber and green leafy vegetables and avoid foods rich in sugars and fats.
- Try to avoid alcohol or reduce your consumption of alcohol as it contains non-nutritive calories and your body loses moisture, making your face look puffy.
2.3. Moisturize your body well
Consuming an appropriate amount of water helps you to flush out the excess amounts of sodium that cause puffiness in the face. Water also plays an important role in removing excess toxins from your body that may contribute to an unhealthy pale face.
3. Do cardio
does losing weight change your face?
Excess fat on your face is often caused by excess body fat. Thus, losing weight can lead to a slimming body and face.
Cardio or aerobic exercise is a type of physical activity that increases your heart rate and is widely considered one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
One study even found that obese women lost more fat by doing cardio.
Try to do 150-300 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise each week, which equals 20-40 minutes of cardio a day. There are types of exercise that include walking, cycling, swimming, running, and dancing.
4. face exercises
There are more than 50 muscles on your face, which some experts believe can benefit most from facial exercises.
4.1. Don’t rely on exercise as a general treatment
Many advocate the idea of exercise but do not rely on this method only to reduce face fat because it still depends on losing weight from the entire body in addition to exercise. It is said that facial exercises are good in conjunction with a good diet as it helps prevent wrinkles and muscle relaxation that occurs after losing a lot of weight.
4.2. Try facial yoga
Yoga poses that force the head to bend down helps to exercise the facial muscles as well as deep breathing exercises. This also helps make you look younger.
4.3. Say the letters X and O several times repeatedly
These letters will force your mouth and cheeks to contract to make the muscles move a lot. Repeat this process as often as possible daily.
4.4. Chew gum
Constant chewing moves a lot of your facial muscles, and you’ll find it easy if you like to chew gum yourself.
- Chew sugar-free gum and avoid adding more sugar to your diet.
4.5. Open your mouth in a circular motion as wide as you can
Hold your mouth in this position for a few seconds and then relax.
- Repeat this process 30 times in a row 3 times a day (morning, noon and evening).
5. Drink more water
does losing weight change your face?
Drinking water is essential to your overall health and can be especially important if you are looking to lose face fat. Studies show that water can make you feel full and promote weight loss.
In fact, one study found that drinking water before a meal significantly reduced the number of calories consumed during the meal.
Other research also suggests that drinking water may temporarily increase your metabolism. Thus, it can help increase the number of calories you burn throughout the day, which leads to weight loss. Drinking water can also reduce fluid retention to prevent puffiness and swelling in your face.
6. Using cosmetics to reduce facial features
Cosmetics are used to hide anything unwanted on the face and reduce the sense of width of the face.
6.1. Use a blush of the same shade as your skin tone
Draw it from the outside to the inside of the face and it will give you a sculpted and more beautiful appearance of the face.
6.2. Use contour to make it slimmer
Contouring may make the face thinner by highlighting the cheeks and using shadows to lighten or darken different parts of the face.
- Make sure to use an appropriate amount of contouring, as it can make a thin face hollow and tired.
- Take a contouring class with your local cosmetologist. The specialist will advise you on what to use and how to darken your skin while respecting the color and shape of your face. It may take some time to master, so keep practicing.
6.3. Stretch your eyebrows
Arched eyebrows may thin out the thickness of your face. You can do this using a color darker than your natural eyebrow color.
6.4. Use a concealer to cover dark circles under the eyes
These dark circles will add a plumper appearance to your face.
6.5. Use light-colored lipstick
Dark colors can make your face look heavy, so use lighter colors to make your lips appear thinner.
7. Reducing the number of refined carbohydrates in food
Refined carbohydrates such as crackers, crackers, and pasta are common causes of weight gain and increased fat storage.
The reason is that these carbohydrates were treated intensively, leading to a stripped of nutrients and beneficial fiber leaving little nutritional benefits that do not remember next to the large amounts of sugar and calories they contain.
Because they contain very little fiber, these foods are quickly digested, leading to high and low blood sugar levels and an increased risk of overeating; Because you will get hungry again very quickly.
One study in 277 women showed that a higher intake of refined carbohydrates was associated with an increased risk of obesity and an increase in belly fat.
Although there are no studies that have directly looked at the effects of refined carbohydrates on facial fat, replacing them with whole grains can help increase overall weight loss, which in turn may also aid in facial fat loss.
8. Eat plenty of fiber
Fiber is a compound found in plant foods is moving slowly through the digestive system, which makes you feel full for a longer period to reduce food cravings and reduce appetite.
According to a study of 345 overweight and obese people, a higher intake of fiber was associated with increased weight loss and improved adherence to a reduced-calorie diet.
It showed a review of another 62 studies found that eating more soluble fiber, a type of fiber that forms a gel when mixed with water, such as avocado and sweet potatoes, may reduce body weight and waist circumference even without the restriction of calories you eat.
Fiber is naturally found in a variety of foods, including fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, whole grains, and legumes. You should eat at least 25-38 grams of fiber per day from these food sources.
- Don’t starve yourself to look thinner!
- Skip the dessert and replace it with some carrots with a fat-free dressing.
- The face tends to accumulate fat, so it may be beneficial to follow a diet to adjust your overall body shape.
- Your natural body shape will affect the appearance, size, and width of your face.
- There are no face sculpting creams, but do a lot of research before spending a lot of money.
- Another way to help you slim your face is to chant the letters “M” and “N” by moving your jaws as far as possible.
- Your overall body weight affects your face weight, so try to lose your bodyweight first.
- Make sure to always hydrate your body because dehydration causes an increase in sodium in the blood, which results in the puffiness of the face.
- Eat healthily and avoid anything that contains salt, sugar, or chemicals.
- The fat on your face may disappear as you get older.
- There are some medical conditions that cause facial swelling, such as sebaceous gland insufficiency.