At the present time, young people suffer more than the elderly from unbearable back pain and severe muscle weakness, and this is due to many reasons, including not following a healthy diet and lack of exercise. Today we are going to show you the 10 best back strengthening exercises at home.
Best back strengthening exercises at home
If your schedule is full of appointments, we will save you from going to sports salons, and you can now exercise at home with ease, relieve back pain and strengthen muscles through the top 10 back strengthening exercises at home.
1- Leg extension exercise
Leg extension or leg extension exercise greatly strengthens the back muscles.
Also, if you plan to do back strengthening exercises at home, this exercise must be among the list of exercises.
Leg extension exercise method:
- First, lie on your back with one leg pulled towards the back.
- And extend the other leg up.
- Then you should try to surround the thigh with the straight leg up with your hands and pull it towards the body.
- Then hold this position for 20 seconds with repetition.
2- Reverse angles exercises
Reverse angle exercise is a very important exercise to strengthen all back muscles.
You can also exercise at home easily and without any equipment, just simple movements.
Reverse angle exercise method:
- First, lie on your stomach on the floor with your hands at your side and facing the ground.
- Then move your arms forward slowly at the level of the shoulder, provided that it does not go beyond the head.
- Then slowly move your arms back to the starting position while fully straightening.
- Repeat this exercise 20 times, resting for a minute between every 10 times.
3- Curved dog pose
The bent dog pose is one of the most important back strengthening exercises at home, as it works to extend the tendons of the lower back, shoulders, and knees.
In addition, it stimulates blood circulation, calms the body, enhances flexibility, and strengthens muscles.
Curved dog pose method:
- The exercise depends on going through three steps, the first of which is to lean on the ground in the position of a cat.
- Then make an extension of the leg to the top and extend the bones of the buttocks towards the ceiling.
- Then we extend the heels back towards the ground without touching them.
- And relax the head down while continuing to extend.
- Take three deep breaths in this position, then repeat the steps on the other side.
4- The wall exercise
Exercising using the wall is one of the most important home exercises to relieve back pain and strengthen muscles easily.
It is also preferable to exercise after returning from work to not affect your back from the troubles of sitting at work.
Wall exercise method:
- The exercise depends on leaning against the wall with the back straight.
- Then keep your feet and shoulders slightly apart from the wall.
- Move with your knees bent with your back fixed to the wall and continue to bend your knees until you reach a 90 angle.
- Hold this position for 10 seconds, then move up to straighten your back and go down again.
- Repeat the exercise for 10 times.
5- Cat Pose
The cat position exercise works to reduce the risk of the herniated disc and to get rid of flabbiness in the abdomen and arm area.
It also treats the problems of the pharynx and throat, so it is useful in treating cold, in addition to its benefits in relieving back pain.
How to exercise the cat pose:
- First, you have to lean on the ground by placing the cat (lean on hands and knees).
- Second, straighten your back well and lookup.
- Third, bend your back and make it completely round by pushing the abdomen towards the spine and looking down.
- Hold this position for a few minutes and then repeat it again 10 times.
6- Bridge exercise
The bridge exercise is one of the back strengthening exercises at home that have a strong impact on tightening the lower and upper abdominal muscles.
It is a light exercise that does not require effort or equipment, but it guarantees you an ideal result in relaxing the muscles of the body.
Bridge exercise method:
- First, lie on your back with your legs bent and joined, and your arms bent at the side of your body.
- Secondly, raise your waist to the top of the floor while maintaining this position for 10 seconds.
- Then slowly lower your waist and repeat the position again 15 times.
7- Back stretching exercise
The back stretching and stretching exercises are very easy exercises that do not take any of the (time, equipment, effort).
In return, it works to tighten your back and perfectly relieve the pain and fatigue that affects the vertebrae and muscles of the back.
Back stretching exercise method:
- First, you have to stand completely straight with your legs slightly apart.
- Secondly, put your hands behind the back on the side, and bend the back slightly forward and back.
- Thirdly, bend your back towards the right side and the left side while raising your other hand in the direction of the backbend.
- You have to keep bending your back in all directions, front, back, right, and left.
- Repeat 5 times, then rest for a minute and complete the exercise.
8- The squat exercise
The squat exercise is one of the best exercises to strengthen the spine and tighten the back and buttocks.
It can be practiced at home without equipment and with ease and as many as you want because it is very beneficial for the body.
- Stand straight with all parts of the body straight.
- Second, bend your knees and hips back, not forward, with your arms forward.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and stand again with a taut body.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times, then rest a little, and repeat it again.
9- Cobra exercise
Cobra pose is a very popular exercise that improves mood and reduces stress for a person.
It also works to strengthen the back muscles, tighten the back and relieve pain, and it can be practiced easily at home.
Cobra exercise method:
- Lie on your stomach, then extend the legs on the tips of the fingers.
- Second, bend the elbows and place the hands under the shoulders while tightening the stomach.
- Lift your face and look forward, making sure to raise your chest and avoid arching your back.
- Hold the cobra pose for 20 seconds with 10 repetitions and breathe normally.
10- Superman workout
Superman exercise is one of the best and most popular exercises that we will show today through the top 10 back strengthening exercises at home.
It is an ideal exercise that works to strengthen all the muscles of the back (the erector muscle, the primary muscle, the trapezius muscle).
It also requires no equipment other than enough space to lie on the ground in Superman mode.
Superman exercise method:
- First, provide enough space to lie on the ground.
- Second, lie on your stomach with your arms forward and legs together.
- Third, raise your arms and legs off the ground for about 15 seconds or as much as possible.
- Then slowly lower them together and repeat this step 4 times and rest for a minute, then complete the exercise.
You can see more: Is it possible to burn fat while sleeping?